Looking for positive growth mindset quotes? Want encouragement to continue to learn and improve?
This blog post will help you out. We have 100 of the best quotes about developing a growth mindset.
But before we dig into these quotes, let’s make sure we are all on the same page and understand the difference between a fixed mindset and a growth mindset?
Through this study, Dr. Dweck found out that there are individuals who have the understanding that we can develop our intelligence and abilities, that is, we can grow.
The individuals who possess this understanding were observed to bounce back better from failure, and Dr. Dweck described the attitude they possessed as “growth mindset”.
She also used the term “fixed mindset” to describe those who were devastated even with minor setbacks.
Other posts you may like:
What is growth mindset?
Carol Dweck, a professor at Stanford University coined the theory of growth mindset. This theory categorises human learning and intelligence patterns into two categories – fixed mindset and growth mindset.
Fixed mindset is when individuals consider that their abilities and talents are constrained to a fixed set. On the other hand, when individuals believe that they can improve their abilities, intelligence and talents through their efforts, it is termed as growth mindset.
Theologians and teachers from ancient times have expounded on the inherent ability of the mind to grow and become smarter. But it was Prof. Dweck who first developed a structured theory on the characteristics of growth mindsets.
You can watch a great TED talk with Carol Dweck on growth mindset here.
Fixed vs. growth mindsets
According to Carol Dweck’s Mindset Theory, we all fall somewhere along a spectrum when it comes to our implicit beliefs. At one end, it’s possible to have a fixed mindset or an entity theory:
“A fixed mindset is when people believe their basic qualities, their intelligence, their talents, their abilities, are just fixed traits. They have a certain amount, and that’s that.”
If your implicit beliefs fall at the other end of the spectrum, you have a growth mindset – incremental theory:
“(You) believe that even basic talents and abilities can be developed over time through experience, mentorship, and so on…and these are the people who go for it. (Dweck, 2012)”
A fixed mindset can often be associated with negative feelings when individuals encounter a setback. If we fail to meet goals (say an A+ in a test or a promotion at work), we may feel inadequate – that’s all we’re supposedly capable of after all, innately.
Having a growth mindset, on the other hand, means we view our failures as “development points” and can work on them to succeed.
Perhaps for readily apparent reasons, Mindset Theory often gets applied in learning.
100 Positive Growth Mindset Quotes
Read through the 100 growth mindset quotes below and, by the time you’re finished, you’ll feel like you’re ready to take on the world and that nothing can stop you.
- “The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” – Molière
- “Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.” – George Whitefield
- “Keep trying until you have no more chances left.” – Aimee Carter
- “Keep the faith, don’t lose your perseverance and always trust your gut extinct.” – Paula Abdul
- “A challenge only becomes an obstacle when you bow to it.” – Ray Davis
- “Hope and change are hard-fought things.” – Michelle Obama
- “Everything happens for a reason and sometimes that reason is you’re not prepared for life today so just take a nap and try again.” – Nitya Prakash
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
- “Mistakes aren’t mistakes; they are lessons!” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “When you’ve got something to prove, there’s nothing greater than a challenge.” – Terry Bradshaw
- “If you are going through a time of discouragement, there is a time or great personal growth ahead.” – Oswald Chambers
- “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” – John Quincy Adams
- “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
- “It’s your game; make up your own rules.” –Barbara Corcoran
- “A winner is a dreamer who never gives up.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.” – Unknown
- “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” – Robert H. Schuller
- “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Just because you fail once doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.” – T. Harv Eker
- “Remember, you were created to be a champion and ready for any battle.” – Pernell Stoney
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” – Audrey Hepburn.
- “The hugest pile of challenges and hardships will not hold back a needle of the clock.” – Roy A. Ngansop
- “Work hard now. Don’t wait. If you work hard enough, you’ll be given what you deserve.” – Shaquille O’Neal
- “Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting.” – Christopher Morley
- “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.” – Walter Elliot
- “Life is tough, my darling, but so are you.” – Stephanie Bennett-Henry
- “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” – Benjamin Spock
- “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
- “Life keeps throwing me stones. And I keep finding the diamonds.” – Ana Claudia Antunes
- “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try again.” – Thomas H. Palmer
- “In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” –Drew Barrymore
- “You don’t have to have a small fortune to achieve your dreams. You simply must overcome the obstacles that get in your way and be willing to triumph over your fear and take a leap of faith.” – Alicia Garcia
- “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
- “The difference between the difficult and the impossible is that the impossible takes a little longer time.” – Lady Aberdeen
- “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” – Harry Golden
- “It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.” – J. M. Barrie
- “The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground.” – Anonymous
- “Believe you can…and you are halfway there!” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl
- “An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.” – Niels Bohr
- “You can’t stop dreaming just because the night never seems to end.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging.” – Joseph Campbell
- “In fact, stories of people of achievement often show that obstacles and struggles are the stepping stones to success.” – Michal Stawicki
- “Take up one idea, make that one idea your life – Think of it, dream of it, life on that idea.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “You can have it all. Just not all at once.” –Oprah Winfrey
- “The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
- “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” – A.A. Milne
- “Perseverance is a virtue that cannot be understated.” – Bob Riley
- “Dream after dream comes true—or rather is made true by persevering effort.” – L.M. Montgomery
- “Dreams don’t work unless you do. “– John C. Maxwell
- “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
- “Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.” – Roger Crawford
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “It’s too easy to walk away quitter never wins so you should better stay look challenges straight in the eye.” – Z. Vujcic
- “A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.” – Vernon Howard
- “When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “It’s the ability to resist to use failure that often leads to great success.” – J.K. Rowling
- “Challenges are an opportunity to test you and rise to the next level.” – Angelica Montrose
- “If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” – Frank A. Clark
- “A bend in the road is not the end of the road…Unless you fail to make the turn.” – Helen Keller
- “Learn from the stories of people who faced challenges you haven’t yet experienced.” – Joanna Barsh
- “If you don’t give anything, don’t expect anything. Success is not coming to you. You must come get it.” – Marva Collins
- “Accept challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.” – George S. Patton
- “Real difficulties can be overcome; it is the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.” – Theodore Newton Vail
- “Test scores and measures of achievement tell you where a student is, but they don’t tell you where a student could end up.” – Carol Dweck
- “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” –Beyonce
- “The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it’s the same problem you had last year.” – John Foster Dulles
- “Don’t be too timid and too squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.” – Raulph Waldo Emerson
- “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” – Julie Andrews
- “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
- “There’s no such thing as failure, only results.” – Tony Robbins
- “Don’t give up at half time. Concentrate on winning the second half.” – Paul “Bear” Bryant
- “You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” – Walt Disney
- “If you quit once it becomes a habit. Don’t Quit.” – Michael Jordan
- “Always do what you are afraid of doing.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The more you trust your intuition, the more empowered you become, the stronger you become, and the happier you become.” –Gisele Bundchen
- “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Believe it is possible to solve your problem. Tremendous things happen to the believer. So believe the answer will come. It will.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “Smiling is a wonderful way to get a boost of happiness. The next time life presents you with a challenging situation, take a deep breath and smile.” – Morris Pratt
- “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” – Truman Capote
- “Obstacles and challenges will arise no matter who you are or what you are trying to accomplish but it is only those who know there is a solution and keep digging until they find it that will conquer the day.” – Byron Pulsifer
- “To persevere in one’s duty and be silent, is the best answer to calumny.” – George Washington
- “Every problem has a gift for you in its hands.” – Richard Bach
- “Sometimes, some people and some situations deserve a second chance.” – Germany Kent
- “Make sure life the best story ever written through a journey filled with overcoming obstacles, taking risks, and continuing to develop.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “The most rewarding things you do in life are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” – Arnold Palmer
- “You can use the stumbling blocks to build your success.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “No dream is too big. No challenge is too great. Nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach.” – Donald Trump
- “Sometimes, instead of climbing over the barricades, you’ve got to walk around them.” – Bono
- “If at first you don’t succeed, you are running about average.” – M.H. Alderson
- “Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know.” – Pema Chodron
- “It’s part of life to have obstacles. It’s about overcoming obstacles; that’s the key to happiness.” – Herbie Hancok
- “Your thoughts don’t make you who you are, your actions do. Be better than your thoughts.” – Bucky Buckbinder
- “Every defeat gives us a new opportunity to try again.” – Avijeet Das
- “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” – Bernice Johnson Reagon
- “Energy and persistence conquer all things.” – Benjamin Franklin
100 Positive Growth Mindset Quotes – Final thought
Success is not about the money earned but more about the growth in life. It is in the ability to quickly dealing with your problems.
You should learn to find a concrete solution and solve the problem at once, this will let you move on in life.
Now that you have the inspiration from these great thinkers and leaders, you can be a little more motivated when you’re trying to maintain a growth mindset in life.
Do you have a favourite growth mindset quote? Share it below in the comments.
If you have any questions please reach out to me via firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you!
I really hope you found inspiration in this article.
Other posts you may like:
If you found this post useful, you might want to save THIS PIN below to your Pinterest Self-Development board for later!
Hello! My name is Adam and welcome to my space on the internet. Here you can find me writing about topics such as lifestyle, self-care, self-development, finance, saving money and making money. Come and join the community!